Taken from the Frequently Asked (Legal) Questions from the website of the Convergence of Anti-Capitalist Struggles:
How do I challenge my ticket?
- On your ticket, check “non guilty” in the appropriate place.
- On the back , there is a space where they ask your version of the event. Do not write anything other than “I demand full disclosure of the evidence.” To describe the situation would only help the crown attorney build a case against you.
- We recommend making a copy of the form before sending it in.
- Send the ticket by mail to the Municipal Court of Montreal or in person at one of the Montreal service counters (see their website for addresses). As a precaution, it’s a good idea to keep a record of sending the form if you choose to send it by mail. If you submit the form in person, you will receive a “receipt ” of your dispute.
- You have 30 days to challenge your ticket from the day you receive it.